SUMTER COUNTY INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
Dr. Renee’ Thomas Mays, Principal
Mrs. Rosemery Jones, Assistant Principal Mrs. Tawana Bettis, Counselor
Mr. Jeffery Boges, Assistant Principal Mr. William Wright, Counselor
Sumter County Intermediate School
Sumter County Intermediate School students participating in the Title I, Part A program, and their families, agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement as well as describes how school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high standards. To understand how working together can benefit your child, it is first important to understand our district’s and school’s goals for student academic achievement.
Sumter County District and Sumter County Intermediate School’s Goal:
Increase the percentage of students scoring at the DEVELOPING LEARNER Level and above by 4% in all core content areas by the end of the 2018-2019 school year as measured by the Georgia Milestones Assessment.
To help your child meet the district and school goals, the school, you, and your child will work together to:
Sumter County Intermediate School will:
· Have high expectations for teaching and learning.
· Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the content.
· Incorporate research based teaching and learning strategies.
· Use a variety of teaching styles to meet our students’ needs.
· Provide a positive learning environment.
· Incorporate writing in every content area.
· Provide opportunities to increase number sense and fluency.
· Provide reading centers to focus on specific skills in Science and Social Studies.
· Use resources to strategically support students’ individual needs in Reading and Language Arts.
· Provide parents with reports on their child’s progress
· Hold Parent Teacher Conferences (at least twice a year), student consultations, and/or extended learning timethrough after school, Saturday School, or Summer School.
We, as parents, will:
· Encourage our child to read daily.
· Review basic mathematical facts with our child.
· Assist our child with his or her homework.
· Provide a quiet designated area for our child to study and complete homework assignments.
· Communicate and collaborate with our child’s teacher as needed.
· Check our child’s agenda daily and Wednesday’s Courier for assignments and information.
As a student of SCIS, I will:
· Read daily.
· Complete class work and homework.
· Participate in class.
· Study my notes.
· Ask for help when needed.
· Study basic mathematical facts for fluency.
· Follow directions first time given.
Please sign and date below to acknowledge that you have read, received, and agree to this School-Parent Compact. Once signed, please return the form to your child’s teacher. We look forward to our school-parent partnership!
School Representative Signature:________________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature: ____________________________________________________________
Student Signature: ___________________________________________________________________